Back to News
Posted on 7 Oct 2020
Patient Portal: Live
On 13th October the Ultrasound department at Portsmouth Hospitals University Trust will be rolling out Patient Portal for all their appointments.
This allows patients to receive their ultrasound scan appointment letters digitally, straight to their mobile phone.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You receive a text to your smartphone with a secure link and 4-digit PIN
- Simply click the link to your secure access page
- Enter the PIN and your Date of Birth and your appointment letter appears
- Pre-assessment instructions, essential reading and hospital information is also included.
- The appointment can be added directly to your digital calendar
- Information can be accessed anywhere by smartphone, tablet and desktop
WHAT HAPPENS IF PATIENTS STILL PREFER POSTAL APPOINTMENTS?
If the link that is sent to the phone is not accessed within two day, then a postal letter is automatically sent.
Patients scan also let our reception teams know if they prefer postal appointment letters so they can update your communication preferences
WHAT IF PATIENTS DON’T OWN A SMARTPHONE
You will still receive a text with a link to your appointment letter. Copy this link to your desktop web browser to access your digital appointment letter.
If the digital letter is not accessed within two days, your postal letter is automatically sent.