Back to News
Posted on 18 Nov 2020
NHS Fareham & Portchester PCN
Personalised care & Support Planning
Feeling isolated and that no one is listening?
Would you like some help making informed choices to improve your health and wellbeing?
Do you need help and support to point you in the right direction?
Would you like clear, simple information about the choices you have?
Social Prescribing can help you to explore extra services and other ways that may support you to improve your health, sense of wellness and your independence.
This service is now available in your GP service through Fareham and Portchester Primary Care Network (PCN)
The Social Prescriber is someone:
- To talk to confidentially
- Who will listen to you
- Who will not judge you
- To help you find activities that may suit you
- Who can help you decide what you would like to do to feel healthier and happier
- Someone who can give you support along the way
The Social Prescriber can explore with you many services in your community including:
- Befriending, Counselling, Support groups
- Volunteering, Training, Employment opportunities
- Accessing specialist services and support
- Opportunities available for education and learning
- Healthier and more active lifestyles
- Ways to develop your own positive skills and interests
- Finding the right support to point you in the right direction
Social Prescribing is a new service, putting you in touch with those who can make you feel better.
“What Matters to Me?”
What one small change could I make that would help me?