- Gosport and Fareham Live at Home Information
- Dementia Friendly Hampshire Guide
- P.A.C.E. (parent, carer & professional) EVENTS
- Who Cares in Fareham (PDF, 1.10MB) - local directory of voluntary organisations in Fareham
- Male Health
Fast, free independant information from the Male Health Forum.
- Women's Health
An independant service to advise, reassure and educate women about their health concerns, to enable them to work in partnership with their own medical practitioners and health advisers
- British Medical Journal - Best Treatments
Helping you to make better health decisions
- Patient UK
Comprehensive health information as provided by GPs and Nurses to patients during consultations.
- Net Doctor
Health and wellbeing
Diabetes UK is the largest organisation in the UK working for people with diabetes, funding research, campaigning and helping people live with the condition. This GP practice is taking part in an important national project about diabetes care and treatment in the NHS. The project is called the National Diabetes Audit (NDA). To take part, your GP practice will share information about your diabetes care and treatment with the NDA. The type of information, and how it is shared, is controlled by law and enforced by strict rules of confidentiality and security. For further information about how your information is used please see the NDA patient information leaflet. Taking part in the NDA shows that this GP practice is committed to improving care for people with diabetes. If you do not want your information to be used, please inform the receptionist, your GP or nurse. This will not affect your care.
Asthma information and advice
The Alzheimer's Society is a membership organisation, which works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- My Cancer Treatment
- The Treetops Centre
- Local Family Planning Services
- A patient satisfaction survey for the NHS Health Check programme can be accessed here
- From the end of December 2015 the current eye screening programme will change to a new provider, Health Intelligence. If you have any questions regarding this change or any concerns regarding your screening please telephone 02392 984455.
- http://www.what0-18.nhs.uk/ Information regarding improving the health of children and young people.
- www.nhs.uk/healthcosts Claimimg free prescriptions information
- ChatHealth is available to young people (11-19 years) in Hampshire Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm. Text any health or wellbeing questions to 07507 332160 and they will be responded to by the School Nursing Team within one working day.
- Referral to a Specialist (PDF, 195KB) - Information leaflet on what to expect when you are referred by your GP to see a Specialist.
Blood Pressure Home Monitoring (PDF, 138KB) - A 7 day reading chart to enable you to record your blood pressure at home.
- https://www.connecttosupporthampshire.org.uk/home - Connect to Support Hampshire is an online information and advice guide and directory of services for adult residents in Hampshire to find information, advice and services to manage their own care and wellbeing. You can find out about local groups, activities and services within communities as well as formal care provision.
- www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide - If you or someone you know needs help with day-to-day living because of illness or disability, this website explains options and where they can get support such as carers advice and social services information.
- www.smokefreehampshire.co.uk - Find out more about how you can get help to quit smoking, find local clinics and self-refer.
Want free help to stop smoking? Smokefree Hampshire is your free and confidential local stop smoking service.
The team can offer a range of free support options to help you quit. Choose from one to one appointments, or telephone support. They can also arrange stop smoking medications, supply NRT, or they can offer a vaping voucher scheme if you're ready to make the switch to an e-cigarette. Please call 01264 563039.
Just imagine your future without cigarettes – feeling fantastic and having that extra money in your pocket. Stopping smoking can make a drastic improvement to your lifestyle and health in ways you might not expect. What’s more – your body will see instant health benefits as soon as you give up smoking, as well as benefitting from long term health improvement. So contact us today to start your smoke-free journey!
- Bereavement Helpline- information, advice and guidance to help and support bereaved children andFareham & Gosport Wellbeing Service young people and for those facing a loss of a loved one during the Coronavirus outbreak and beyond.
- Safeguarding Children - Concerned for a child? Safeguarding children during lockdown.
- Support for Parents - There are lots of different ways if you are worried about yourself or your family.
- Hampshire and IOW CYP Crisis Line - Telephone support for Children and Young People aged 11-17 years old.
- Fareham & Gosport Wellbeing Service - Fareham & Gosport Wellbeing Service provide welcoming spaces for you to receive support and access a huge range of courses, workshops and support sessions to support your mental health. https://www.solentmind.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Fareham-and-Gosport-Wellbeing-Service-Infomation-Pack.pdf
- Family Well Being - please take a look at the safe4me website link for useful information for you and your family's well-being. https://www.safe4me.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Family-Wellbeing-Pack-during-COVID-final.pdf [EXTERNAL PDF]
Please note that Dr Allen and Partners are not responsible for the content of the websites which can be accessed from the Gudgeheath Lane Surgery website.